Sunday, September 18, 2011

Writing Assignment pg.69

My freshman and sophomore year of high school I had to take a foreign language class, I chose to take french because one of my best friends was taking it too. It sucked, I hated it so much! My french teachers name was Mrs. Anderson, she looked like a frog, had a huge hairy mole on her chin. I sat right in the front row and when she would get telling her stories about going to Quebec and France she would sit on the edge of MY desk and stroke the small hairs on her chin. Yeah, it was disgusting. She also didn't like me because I couldn't say or spell anything right in French. It seemed like she would purposely give me D's and E's on my quizzes. My friend Lindsay was her favorite because she is sucked up to her. Lindsay constantly would get 100% on all of her quizzes, I started to feel dumb. At first it wasn't bad, we learned basic words and went through everything really slowly. We learned how to say Mr., Miss, and Mrs., the days of the week and basic words you use everyday. I had no problem reading the words and knowing what they meant. I had a problem with spelling the words and saying them. I would dread going to class on test days, I can't even spell that well in English and I was expected to spell in French! I would write out each word at least 15 times each just to get a passing grade, and sometimes that didn't even get me a passing grade. French 2 was the worst, we had to write sentences everyday. I barely got through French 1 and I was thrown into French 2! My GPA dropped down to a 3.3 thanks to stupid French. I have no idea how I passed either class. All I knew was, I never wanted to speak, spell or write anything in French again.

No comments:

Post a Comment