Obviously when writing its hard not to make simple grammar mistakes, and I think its wrong that some English teachers will give a failing grade on a paper if you have a certain amount of grammar mistakes. I know you are suppose to be professional when writing for school and a few simple spelling mistakes never hurt anyone. Some teachers give a little more lenience towards punctuation and spelling, but some don't and I think its slightly unfair.
I believe that there is a certain time to use "improper English", if your with friends or retelling a story or something of that sort of course your not going to speak like that when your presenting a speech to your classmates or a teacher. There are different times and places to use other phrases or sayings.
If you are a secretary I believe you should use proper English when talking on the phone. If your talking to people on the phone all day and using slang words how would anyone take you seriously? Secretaries are working in professional environments so they should use proper English. They should take pride in there jobs.
English does have a set of rules but that doesn't mean everyone has to or will follow them.
No comments:
Post a Comment